What is Grey Power?
Grey Power Federation was founded in February 1986 as a voluntary organisation. Those involved in the early days were angry at the imposition of the surcharge on New Zealand Superannuation. Originally formed as the Auckland Superannuitants Association, Grey Power has grown nationally and gone from strength to strength.
Today there are about 70,000 financial members that stem from more than 76 Associations that are spread throughout the country.
Grey Power’s Aims and Objectives
- To advance, support and protect the welfare and well being of older people.
- To affirm and protect that statutory right of every New Zealand resident, to a sufficient New Zealand Superannuation entitlement.
- To strive for a provision of a quality Health Care to all New Zealand residents regardless of income and location.
- To oppose all discriminatory and disadvantageous legislation affecting rights, security and dignity.
- To be non aligned with any political party, and to present a strong united lobby to all Parliament and statutory Bodies on matters affecting New Zealanders.
- To promote and establish links with kindred organizations.
- To promote recognition of the wide-ranging services provided by senior citizens of New Zealand.
- To gain recognition as an appropriate voice for all older New Zealanders.
Go here for Grey Power Federation Policies
Grey Power Hamilton
Grey Power Hamilton Inc began 24 years ago and operates an office at 30 Victoria Street, Hamilton. We advocate on behalf of members with the Hamilton City Council, local members of parliament and offer advice to those who are having any difficulties with local issues.
Your Present Committee
- PRESIDENT : Roger Hennebry